Relational References and Resources
The following resources inform my approach and are often recommended to clients, so listing them here for easy reference.
- Emotional Commitment and Great Sex, Interview with Dr. David Schnarch
- Getting the Love You Want, by Harville Hendrix PhD and Helen LaKelly Hunt PhD (Imago Therapy)
- Healing Developmental Trauma: How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image, and the Capacity for Relationship, by Laurence Heller PhD and Aline LaPierre PsyD (The NeuroAffective Relational Model®)
- Heart of Tantric Sex - A Unique Guide to Love and Sexual Fulfilment, by Diana Richardson
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD (Attachment Theory)
- How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving, by David Richo
- Integral Relationships: A Manual for Men, by Martin Ucik (Integral Theory)
- Mating in Captivity: How to keep desire and passion alive in long-term relationships, by Esther Perel
- Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, by John Gottman PhD (Book Summary - Worksheets)
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, by Gary Chapman (Book Summary, Profiling Quizes)
- The Dreambody in Relationships, by Arnold Mindell (Process Work)
- The Tantra of Trust: Skilled and Superlative Intimate Sexual Partnership for 21st Century Woman and Man, By Saniel Bonder
- Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century, by Barbara Carrellas
- Your Erotic Blueprint (Quiz and results)
Additional notes: Because these topics are so prevalently parroted/rehashed by social media influencer based 'relationship coaches' and/or 'sexuality coaches'…. While I've read all of David Deida, studying with his students, I no longer recommend his approach. I've also brought teachers of tantra yoga schools out to tour Australia, but can no longer recommend those lineages either. I've also read dozens of other books, completed dozens of workshops and trainings in (neo)tantra, sacred sexuality, somatic processes and communications, but don't find myself recommending them, even as I've benefited from them and incorporate aspects in my offerings. We learn sometimes the hard way the limits of many powerful and appealing approaches, and hopefully pass on their fruits rather than faults!
Artwork: "The Alchemical Wedding", By Emily Balivet, 2012 - prints avaliable.
$222.00 90 minutes
90 minutes (allow 2 hours per session)
A Transformational Relating session is for couples to be held together in presence, inviting grace and support to open to new levels of health, intimacy and agency in their dynamic. These sessions provide couples with psychotherapeutically informed spiritual coaching and emotional-energetic transformational supports to:
- go deeper in their intimacy together;
- evolve their relational dynamics; or
- facilitate transition rituals through major relationship changes, renewals, the loss of a loved one, or sacred seperation.
The support offered is trauma, attachment, systems, and cultural dynamics informed, accessible to people of any religious or spiritual belief, and LGBTQIA+ friendly.
Sessions are delivered online via Zoom. In-person sessions in Mitcham, Melbourne, Australia are welcomed, but please contact Chris to confirm scheduling first.